1. If you need ANY kind of prescription meds and that script might/maybe expire while you are traveling - start the process at LEAST one month in advance. It will take that long, or more, to get insurance overrides and stupid pharmacies to play nice with filling a prescription early.
2. Compression sacks? While useful (especially if waterproof), do not compress much. Right now, I would guess maybe 10-15%?
3. I absolutely love the "Small" sized dry sacks (non-compression). I've been using them to pack a full day's change of clothes in and stick in a larger bag - that way, I'll always have at least one fresh change of clothing.
4. I am absolutely certain that I am overpacking. I have no idea how to remedy that -- I mean, I could take less clothing (even right now, I'm at <1 outfit per day)... but if I get the *chance* to change and have fresh clothing... who wouldn't take it?
5. If anyone knows of a good way to pack trekking poles, please let me know -- I haven't figured it out yet!!