Saturday, December 21, 2013

T - 19 Days. How did that happen??

19 days. How is that even possible?!? With the holidays coming - I *know* that January 10th is going to be here before I know it.  Yikes!!!!

Packing, packing, packing. I think I finally have all of my gear. I don't know what I would do without Amazon and REI. Amazon has been VERY useful because of the free shipping I enjoy with my Prime membership.

I also spent $49 and invested in a Samsung Galaxy tablet. Heck of a deal, has a cellular connection, and somehow - seems safer. Taking my iPad is riskier (they are SO much more expensive!), and this has a dirt/dust proof case that should stand up to the volcanic ash on Kili. I hope.

Today I was finally able to notice all of the little work that I've been doing to get in better shape. I've been running around Cleveland all day - walking everywhere - and not once did I get winded or whiny about walking. That's RARE for me. Very rare. I'm proud of myself.

And you know, I might just be insufferable after my trip. Because pride will ooze from every bit of me. And I am OK with that. I will revel in my success. 

I found another female blogger who climbed Kili last year (at climbkiliforacure.blogspot.com)  and found her advice useful. I wonder - will I be the first person to climb Kili who *knows* they have PD? I wonder. That would be pretty darned cool.

I love my life. PD and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment