Friday, December 27, 2013

T - 13 Days. The Morbid Conversations

Today, I told my wife of 67 days that we need to sit down at some point before I leave and have *that* conversation. Where all the documents and things are, and where all of my passwords are, and ... you get the idea.

I'm not sure that we'll get through that conversation, for sure, but at least it's been said. She will be well taken care of... if I don't come back. Which my mother is convinced is actually going to happen.

I'm 100% confident I will make it back just fine. I'm 95% certain I will make it all the way to the top. And if I make it that far, well, I am one stubborn, determined woman -- I *WILL* make it to the top! I will!! I will stand on top of the world! Parkinson's Disease be damned!

I've been trying to stock up on my meds (esp PD ones) that I will need while I'm gone... OH BOY, that has not been any easy process. I'm still working to get one antibiotic, and ironically - my PD meds. One, my Mirapex ER is new (I was on the standard version before) , my doc is actually using because it's only once a day. I still have a lot of pills to take with me.

ExOfficio underwear? Pass with FLYING colors. They are great. And it takes about 6-7 hours to dry indoors at 66 degrees. Something tells me at the equator they dry LOTS faster.

I'm really starting to get excited. SO excited. Like OMG OMG OMG it's less than two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're a praying person, or would even like to send some good thoughts to my wife - she's got a LOT to deal with while I'm completely incognito. And she's going to worry - and I'm going to miss her. A lot.

But I feel like my mantra for this trip is - this is MY journey. Not yours. Stop telling me what YOU would be doing or how YOU would never think of doing this... I don't care, honestly.

And to quote my favorite artist -- It's my life. It's now or never.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gina, we're sending lots of good thoughts both your way and Devon's way as you go on this journey. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete