Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! And, in the home stretch

Yesterday turned out to be a fantastic day for fundraising, being the last day of 2013. Quite a few people raced to get in a last minute donation for a '13 IRS write-off. Yay!

Because of my work schedule, I have to have everything packed up by the 5th, and ready to go. Today, or at the very latest the next day, I need to dump my bags and re-organize my packing. I cannot tell you how many videos I've watched about getting all my gear to fit into my backpack and duffel (35L and 40L respectively). It fits, I think, except for the fact that I have no idea where to stick this enormous 0 degree sleeping bag. My +35 degree sleeping bag is sooooo much smaller. I liken it to a complicated version of Tetris.

I think I may have enough extra time at the end of the trip to add a half day safari. It's just a matter of whether I can find one at the time that I need it. This is the trip of a lifetime, and I'm going to make the most of it!

This is the first time I've ever booked a flight that said "this flight arrives two days later".

It's real, it's happening, I'm going to Africa!


No comments:

Post a Comment