Saturday, January 4, 2014

T - 6 days: Last minute details!

Today, I had my healthcare power of attorney notarized. 

Printed out itinerary. Printed copies of the TWO travel insurance policies I have (one for the trip itself, a separate one that covers adventure trips). Printed out dossier from Embark Adventures with all the minutia of what day we will be where.

I got a neat little travel kit in the mail today from the National Parkinson's Foundation (not an organization I'm terribly familiar with), but that even included a PD bracelet and drug forms (dozens of them!) which will come in very handy... even on this trip. That was kind of a fun surprise.

I'm packed, and getting nervous. My partner is even more nervous, unfortunately. I wish that I would have more contact via phone/text/email to check in... but on the other hand, that's one of the things that I'm most looking forward to.

Unplugging. Reconnecting with nature... exploring a part of the world I may never visit again -- and that is changing, and will not be the same (the glaciers are expected to be gone in just a few years)...

Anxious, nervous -- but first, I have to go start my new job on Monday!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment