Thursday, January 2, 2014

T - 8 Days: Temperature Regulation

I don't tend to wear a lot of layers when I dress, and I know that this is key to being comfortable (and warm enough) on a trip like this. I have acquired the appropriate layers and I should be fine.

Except that two things really affect my ability to regulate my body temperature: menopause and Parkinson's Disease. For example, it snowed 4" last night, and I am running around in a t-shirt and plenty warm enough.  It's 27 degrees here in Ohio this morning, and is supposed to be high of 0 by the end of the week. It's 91 in Tanzania (at the base of Kili), but will be 10 degrees-ish + windchill at the top.

Because of layers, and hiking, I expect I will be FULLY warm enough -- and that I'll be peeling layers off even on summit day.

I'm excited to wear cute, fun sun dresses in Arusha. I'm not big on selfies, but since I'm traveling solo... there may be many!

Trying to figure out based on itinerary if I can add a half-day safari to my trip. I feel like it's a must. 

No comments:

Post a Comment